Canvas Studio is an add-on to Canvas that provides video management functionality. You can:
- Create videos and screencasts
- Import media files or online videos from Youtube or Vimeo
- Embed videos in Canvas
- Comment on a video. Comments are timestamped allowing for robust discussions about a video.
- Embed quiz questions in your videos
- Have students create videos and screencasts for assignments
- Share videos and collections of videos with colleagues
- Caption your videos via computer-generated captions or manually editing captions
- View analytics for your videos
Check out this introductory tutorial from theater educator and Canvas expert Ashlee Espinosa:
Recording videos using Studio requires installing a small add-on on your computer. The first time you try to record a video, Studio will prompt you and provide you the option of installing the add-on. Should you run into any difficulty (slightly more tricky on a Mac), this article from Champ Support will assist you.
Canvas Studio Blog (learn about new features and changes to the product)