What is Turnitin?
Champlain College has a site license for Turnitin, a web-based application that enables instructors to analyze student submissions in Canvas for originality.
Instructors do not need to set up an account or log in to Turnitin to activate it. Choose it as a setting when creating assignments in Canvas so it will analyze student submissions.
How do I use Turnitin?
- Follow these instructions to enable Turnitin on your Canvas assignments.
- Once a student submits an assignment, a Similarity Report will be generated and can be viewed from the Canvas Speedgrader.
- From the Speedgrader, click on the Turnitin percentage icon to load the Similarity Report.
- See these instructions for how to interpret the Similarity Report.
- If you need to run similarity reports on submissions made outside of Canvas, you can do so on the Turnitin portal. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance logging in.