This tutorial will show you the steps needed to create a class on the Turnitin system in order to allow students to access and use the services available by Turnitin. This process is only recommended if Canvas is not being used by the students or instructors.
Navigate to the Turnitin portal on Champlain’s website.
Enter your login information and click “Login”
This will be the same username and password that you use to access other areas of the Champlain portal.
Once in the dashboard, click “Add Class”
Enter the information in each box:
- Class type: (Keep as standard)
- Class name: Enter the name of your class
- Enrollment password: Enter a password to distribute to the class so they can access the class.
- Subject area: Click a dropdown subject that relates to your class.
- Student level: Click the dropdown that is the college level for the course you are adding.
- Class end date: Select the end date for the class. **Remember that once the end date has passed, the class will not be accessible for submissions unless the class is reactivated.
A confirmation pop-up will appear on the screen. It will have your class ID and enrollment password.
Share this information with your students so that they can log on and enter the class to use Turnin’s resources.