How to resolve this issue:
1. Embedded videos
- Both Vimeo and YouTube support https. Change the url from http to https and it will work.
- Screencast.com does not support https. Put a link to the screencast video on a Canvas page (or assignment/discussion) and NOT use an iframe include or a link from modules. This way, the video opens in a new window/tab.
- Any video stored in the course files or the built in Canvas Kaltura video storage will avoid this issue.
- Storing an image in the course itself should be the preferred procedure as long as the copyright allows this.
- Don’t forget to use ALT tags for ADA compliance.
3. Links to sites
- DO NOT link to https sites in the Module view. Instead, create a page and link to the site from that page (so it opens in a new window/tab). Link to a website in Modules is placed in a frame in Canvas. This frame may not display properly because of the mixed content issue.