Welcome to Champlain College! We are excited to have you join our teaching and learning community, and we would like to invite you to take advantage of the Center for Learning & Teaching’s offerings as you begin your work here.
Let us dare!
The Center for Learning & Teaching (CLT) aims to support all faculty members with all aspects of their teaching and professional development. We serve faculty members at all levels of experience so that they can thrive as instructors and scholars of teaching and learning. We are especially helpful to those who are new to our campus family, first-time professors and emerging professionals in the academy. Please see below for resources and professional development opportunities especially designed for new faculty.
You can always make an appointment with us! We offer in-person consultation; virtual appointments are also available for those who cannot visit us on campus during business hours.
Center for Learning & Teaching Services
Our services are available to all faculty at any time during your work at Champlain. The CLT operates on a 12-month schedule to meet your needs at every phase of teaching, course design, and reflection.
- Course design and development support
- Canvas training, support, and implementation reviews
- Educational technology solutions
- Student engagement and learning experience activities
- Universal Design for Learning coaching
- Diversity, Equity, Inclusion, and Belonging in the classroom training
- Professional development planning, and evaluation and promotion preparation
- Assessment and feedback strategies (Student and IDEA Evaluation preparation and review)
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning opportunities and support
New Faculty Professional Development Opportunities
- New Faculty Micro-Trainings
- Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion Canvas Training Course (faculty Canvas login required)
- New and Advancing Faculty Learning Communities
- Workshops, reading and writing Groups, and learning communities – watch your calendar for invites, or check out the CLT events calendar